Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Pasta
Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Pasta – serves 4
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 chicken fillets, sliced thinly
250ml boiling water
1 chicken stock cube
2 teaspoons garlic Italian seasoning – I use the Schwartz one (garlic powder would be a good substitute plus a dried herb like oregano or basil)
250ml cooking cream – I use Avonmore 50% less fat (regular cream will do)
150g sundried tomatoes, drained of oil & finely sliced
200g baby spinach leaves
50g parmesan, grated
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
350g Fusilli Pasta (or any pasta shape)
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and add the chicken and fry for 10 minutes.
- Then add the boiling water, stock cube and Italian seasoning. Season with some salt & pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta.
- When the stock has reduced down by at least half add the cream and sundried tomatoes and simmer for another minute or two.
- Then add the spinach and stir to allow it to wilt.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce and stir well.
- Sprinkle over the parmesan and serve.