Gin & Tonic Granita – serves 4
50ml Cold water
100g Caster sugar
75ml Gin (I have used Hendricks but any gin will do!)
250ml Tonic Water
Juice 1 small lemon
Garnish: Cucumber (optional)
- Put the caster sugar and water in a pot and bring to the boil stirring constantly.
- Once it boils remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled add the gin, tonic water and lemon juice.
- Pour through a sieve onto a small baking tray / freezer proof dish.
- Put in the freezer overnight or until frozen.
- Once frozen scrape the granita with a fork until you have a slushy mix. You can then pop this slushy mix back into the freezer until ready to use.
- Spoon into serving glasses and garnish with some cucumber slices.