This is one of my favourite recipes. Not only is it super quick to make but its delicious and the kids love it!
Broccoli & Almond Soup – serves 4
1 dessert spoon coconut oil – I use Dr. Coys
1 onion, chopped
450g frozen broccoli
30g ground almonds
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons vegetable bouillion – I use Dr. Coys
750ml boiling water
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the coconut oil in a pot over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and sweat gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the frozen broccoli, ground almonds, garlic, vegetable bouillion, boiling water and a small amount of seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes until the broccoli is just cooked.
- Blend well with a stick blender or in a food processor.
- Check and adjust seasoning if necessary.